Heritage Heart Restorations

Specific details of the Heritage Heart restoration, with A Block refurbishment and Mall widening, will be shared in the New Year. Our renewal project will feature state-of-the-art teaching spaces and facilities to serve us well into the future.

In 1920 architects Chambers and Powell designed A Block, an L-shaped two-storey extension, completed in 1926, featuring a gymnasium, chemistry and biology laboratories, with six classrooms, music rooms and a room for commercial work on the upper level. 

Refurbishments will transform these rooms into contemporary academic learning spaces, whilst preserving the heritage façade.