A Block: Heritage Heart Restorations

In 1920 architects Chambers and Powell designed A Block, an L-shaped two-storey extension, completed in 1926, featuring a gymnasium, chemistry and biology laboratories, with six classrooms, music rooms and a room for commercial work on the upper level. 

Click on the tiles below to enlarge the images of the architect’s vision for the Heritage Heart restoration, which will commence towards the end of 2021.

Our renewal project will feature state-of-the-art teaching spaces and facilities to serve us well into the future. Refurbishments will transform these rooms into contemporary academic learning spaces, whilst preserving the heritage façade.