The Presbyterian and Methodist Schools Association (PMSA) believe enrolling international students in their schools provides reciprocal benefits for all students.
Somerville House, a PMSA school is committed to facilitating the opportunity for International Students to participate in quality education. This commitment enhances the learning experience of all students through daily contact with individuals coming from a diversity of cultures and backgrounds.
Somerville House seeks to develop young women who understand and are tolerant of difference, and just as importantly, who recognise the worth of each individual.
The following applies to all applications received from overseas students:
- Students classified as Full Fee Paying Students are required to provide a report of their English proficiency levels prior to entry to the School. Students can take part in a test program at the School or at various testing centres in their own country. Details of these tests are available upon request.
- Parents/Guardians need to provide the School with a photocopy of their daughter's passport and visa.
- Full Fee Students are required by the Federal Government to take out medical cover under the Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) Scheme.
- A minimum of six months' tuition fees are required in advance at the time the enrolment is confirmed.
- The student's Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), required for the student's visa application, will be issued on receipt of the OSHC and advance tuition fees.
We warmly welcome enquiries from International Students who wish to join our School Family. More detailed information for Overseas Students is available for download below:
Overseas Visa Students' and Parents' Booklet
Overseas Visa Student Policy
Overseas Visa Student Adjunct Policies
- Entry Requirements
- Monitoring Course Progress and Attendance Policy
- Deferment, Suspension and Cancellation Policy
- Transfer between Registered Providers Policy
- Complaints and Appeals Policy
Overseas Student Refund Policy
School Complaints Resolution Policy
We understand there is a lot of information to consider and our dedicated Enrolments staff will be happy to assist you, please contact:
Phone: +61 7 3248 9267